Available Career Positions
The Box Office Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Box Office while ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction for patrons.
- Direct and supervise the Guest Services team including training, policies and
procedures, staff scheduling, and current programming and promotions.
- Administer the CRM software, Patron Manager, including generating and
maintaining production and program inventory, creating season subscription
packages, instituting promotional discounts, and managing sales data.
- Respond to patron questions, concerns, or complaints and manage difficult or
emotional patron situations.
- Prepare and distribute reports including daily and weekly sales reports,
financial transaction reports, and event reports.
- Serve as Guest Services representative during performances and on an as-
- Work as a liaison between Orlando Shakes, City of Orlando, and our valet
vendor as you partner with other entities in Loch Haven Park.
- Two years of experience with managing a customer service department,
preferably for a non-profit organization
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Advance knowledge of event ticketing and CRM software, preferably Patron
- Position requires extensive availability during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Orlando Shakes, is searching for a seasonal, full time First Hand/Stitcher for our 2020-2021 Season.
The candidate is responsible for: Sewing assigned costumes by hand or machine. A Stitcher will have extensive knowledge of garment construction, alteration, and repair. They will be able to work directly under the Costume Shop Supervisor to construct original costume items, alter and fit existing garments, and repair/maintain pieces as needed.
Requirements: Minimum BA in Technical Theatre or equivalent experience. 2+ years’ experience in theater costume creation at a regional theater; Strong knowledge of sewing techniques (hand and machine); Strong knowledge of shop equipment and tools; Knowledge of fabric types and their uses for stage; Knowledge of costume and fashion history; Knowledge of a variety of materials, including, but not limited to, clay, buckram, felt, thermoplastics, foams, adhesive, dyeing and metal a plus; Knowledge of mold making and sculpting techniques a plus; Excellent organization, problem-solving, and communicative skills.
The position is seasonal: August - April and renewable annually. The position is paid hourly plus overtime.
Salary Range $10.00 – $12.00 per hour DOE - Housing is not provided.
Orlando Shakes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Qualified applicants should apply online with a current résumé, cover letter, and references (with e-mail contact) as PDFs. No phone calls please.
Are you creative, driven, passionate about the arts, and looking for a bridge between university and the world of professional theater? Orlando Shakes offers training programs geared toward future theater professionals including Acting/Education Internships, Summer Education Internships, Production Apprentice Internships, and Administrative Internships.
Interns and apprentices gain real-world experience, professional theater credits, contacts, and career guidance from our resident staff, guest designers, and directors. If you are willing to work hard and play harder, we invite you to join our theater family!Internship Opportunities